Standard and Latin Competitions
- Male & Female couples’ adult standard, latin and combined standard and latin
- Mixed adult standard, latin and combined standard and latin.
- Fun compertition – more information to follow.
Dancers may take part in separate competitions with different partners, but please note that time for breaks and costume changes may be scarce.
Medals and diplomas will be presented to dancers of adult, and combined standard and latin disciplines.
The adult disciplines (except combined standard and latin) will be danced as graded events from A (top level) to D (starters). Classification rounds will be danced at the start of the tournament. Note: We will not ask you to submit your own expected grading. The winning couple from each class will be invited to participate in the following class.
Dances and Music
In all competition rounds the music will be played for approximately 1 minutes and 45 seconds, except Viennese Waltz and the Jive where it will be played for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- A class: Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slowfox and Quickstep
- B class: Waltz, Tango, Slowfox and Quickstep
- C class: Waltz, Tango and Quickstep
- D class: Waltz, Tango and Quickstep
Tempi will approximately be (bars per minute): Waltz: 28-30, Tango: 31-33, Viennese Waltz: 58-60, Slowfox: 28-30, Quickstep: 50-52.
- A class: Samba, Cha-Cha, Rumba, Pasodoble and Jive
- B class: Samba, Cha-Cha, Rumba and Jive
- C class: Cha-Cha, Rumba and Jive
- D class: Cha-Cha, Rumba and Jive
Tempi will approximately be (bars per minute): Samba: 50-52, Cha-Cha: 30-32, Rumba: 24-27, Pasodoble: 60-62, Jive: 38-44.
In the preliminary rounds the Pasodoble will be danced to the second highlight, in the finals it will be danced to the third.