There are no gender or age restrictions for show competitions.
- Groups (3 or more)
Rules and Guidelines
- Standard and Latin show dancing routines may be performed in standard dance styles, latin dance styles or in a combination of standard and latin dance styles. While other dance styles are welcomed, all shows must base their routines on the Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slowfox, Quickstep, Samba, Cha-Cha, Rumba, Pasodoble and Jive.
- The routines must not exceed 6 minutes including entry and exit.
- Routines will be judged as a whole. However, solo, duo or ensemble parts may be performed within the routine.
- Adequate arrangements will be made for team rehearsals. An equal amount of time on the floor and with music will be allocated to each team.
- A chairman must be appointed to secure that the rules are not infringed.
- The dance routine and music used at the rehearsal are the only permitted during the competition.
- Judging: Musicality, variety of dances and patterns, originality, total performance and individual choreography will be judged along with technique, composition, image, and show value.
The following criteria should be used in determining the show value of the routine: Entertainment or audience appeal, originality and creativity of the concept, story idea or theme. Appropriateness of the costume as it relates to the concept, story, idea or theme. Inventive and creative visual effects using props and creative designs.
The rules and guidelines are designed to be as liberal as possible, because we want to encourage potential participants to compete and develop the awareness of alternatives to couples dancing in the context of Nordic Open.
There is a possibility that the competing teams will be of different sizes and will have very different choreographies. This may result in difficulties for the judging panel, who is obliged to place the teams from winner to last. With this said, we cordially invite you to join in the standard and latin show dancing at Nordic Open.
All of the above is subject to change.